Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Good will towards men is peace on earth

Well, as far as numbers go this wasn't as good of a week.  But that's okay.  We did teach 10 lessons, which ties for the 3rd best week I've ever had (and that shows how much of a miracle 21 was, eh?).  This week will be even less, but that's because we had Zone Conference all day yesterday, today's PDay, and tomorrow we're going back to Milano for some New Missionary Training.  That'll be so fun.

We're working pretty closely with one young Italian guy we met going house to house.  He has a strong faith in Christ already, but is having a hard time accepting our invitation to read the Book of Mormon.  He likes us, though, and we love him, and as we keep meeting (in a new convert's home!) and feeling the Spirit together, I think he'll change his mind and start to search for the truth.  Anziano Kessler says we'll baptize him.  I don't disagree.


I'm in the Spirit of Christmas for sure.  I now KNOW that Jesus is the Christ, the divine Son of God, and at this time of year as we celebrate the beginning of his perfect life I can't help but smile and sing and spread the good tidings.  Peace on earth, good will toward men!

I've heard, recited, and read the classic story in Luke 2 several times already, and I've pondered on those words: "peace on earth, good will toward men".  I am a disciple of Jesus Christ.  I am His representative for these two years, doing what He would do, saying what He would say.  Am I called to bring peace on earth?  How could this fallen world every experience peace through my humble message?

And I realized, as I pondered, that peace on earth and good will towards men are not two separate missions of the Savior.  Good will towards men is peace on earth, and vice versa.  As we love, serve, and seek for the happiness of our fellow men--our friends, families, coworkers, and companions!--Jesus's famous promise enters into our lives.

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you."

He came!  He brought to us His Peace!  Let us praise our Prince from the housetops 'til it sounds in every ear, spoken in every tongue!  The Christ has come, and He will come again!

Buon Natale a tutti,
Anziano Burton

You're invited to send Ky a Christmas card this season - please remember to use an international stamp.  Grazie!

Anziano Ky Burton
Italy Milan Mission
Via Antonio Gramsci 13/2
20090 Opera MI
Italy

1 comment:

  1. Buon Natale, dear Anziano Ky! We love you very much & are so proud of your missionary service. Love from the Boyntons!

    ReplyDelete