Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Magnified

Anz Kessler and I being awesome. (It's not hard.)
I can't think of a lot to write about as far as this week goes.  We're working with three really great investigators, two of which are Italian, and this week we're going to take one of our favorite members to a lesson.  In fact, we have a lot of good things set up for this next week, which is great because in all likeliness it'll be my last full week in Verona.

That's weird to think about.  A talk fell through on Sunday, so Anziano Kessler and I were invited to bear our testimonies.  Mine felt a lot like a "goodbye" testimony, not only to me but to many the members I've befriended over the last 6 months.  We were invited to lots of lunches, ha!  It'll be a good week.

I love members.  Spending time with members and getting to know them and help them feel closer to God has been one of the most rewarding parts of my mission.  I've seen a lot of miracles in a lot of families, and I think those are the one's the Lord is most proud of.  Families are so important, and happiness is magnified inside a family unit.

We're gearing up for our concert on Saturday.  It should be a ton of fun, and I'll write all about it next PDay.

I love how much Anziano Kessler loves the Book of Mormon.  We tell each other what we learned in personal studies every morning.  It's fun to watch him get excited over the stories and characters and help explain what's going on in relationship to the other stories he's read or will read.  The story inside the Book is so awesomely complicated, and the doctrines taught so clear and simple.  It's so fun!  My whole testimony is based around my knowledge that that book is true.

Have a great week, everyone.  First year is OVER, and I've heard from returned missionaries here that the second year is way more fun.  Vedremo.  Ciao!!

Anziano Burton

A reminding me how awesome technology is.
The New Suit!


1 comment:

  1. (Love the new suit, by the way!) can't wait to hear how the concert was yesterday. One of the things I pray for you personally, Anziano Burton, is that you have opportunities to share the Gospel through music. I know hearts will be touched & lives will be changed through the power of music. I love you! I like the idea of a brighter, better 2014, too!

    ReplyDelete