Wednesday, January 15, 2014

FNAA

Things are going well here in Verona.  The weather's been cold and rainy and the work slows down because of it, but we have a lot of potentials we're calling and have a new project to keep us going.  It's called FNAA: Find New Activators Always.  We're looking for something new every day to keep us going and finding and working hard.  It's not easy, but it's fun and different.

Anziano Kessler is teaching me a lot more than I'm teaching him.  I'm so happy to be with him and dread the day we'll part.  My journal is bursting with thoughts and insights he's given me without even trying.  I'm really proud of him.  He'll be an amazing missionary.  He has the right attitude.

I got super sick a few weeks ago.  Not sure if I mentioned it.  It only lasted about a week, and it didn't really slow me down--except foodwise.  My throat got all infected and swollen and nasty.  It was really, really gross to look at and it hurt bad.  I could barely swallow for, like, three days.  But it passed, just like all nasty, ugly things pass, and now I appreciate swallowing more than I have in a long time.  Even just slurping down a little glass of water brings a smile to my face.  It's funny how challenges put a new perspective on things.

Two emails I got from my friends this week reminded me of how huge this mission experience really is.  Sometimes I'm so concerned that I'm not seeing any success here and now.  How impatient and human of me.  In reality, the choices I'm making now and the experiences I'm having will bless me and others for years and decades to come, and then some.  I need to step back and remember that more often.  It makes me a lot happier, and happiness is everything out here.

Do you all remember Anziano McKinnon, my MTC companion?  Guess what!?  He's my Zone Leader now!  He lives in the other apartment and attends the other ward.  I saw him at Church this last Sunday between classes.  We pushed through a sea of Italians and embraced for the first time in, like, what, 10 months?  It's so good to see him again.  He's just as hilarious as I remember him being, and I'm surprised with how happy I am to see him.  When I learned about his assignment a while ago, I was overcome with a feeling of assurance.  I know that he's been chosen by God to lead this zone this transfer, and I'm excited to work with him again in this great work.

The leather band to my watch broke forever ago.  I just got it replaced this week.  Good to know what time it is again... although it reminds me of how fast time goes, and how close I am to my year mark.  Ew.

Love you all!  Thank you for your prayers and encouragement.  I need them.
Anziano Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment