Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Italian Snow

This week was better than last.  Christmas was nice -- even if it never really felt like Christmas, but I'm glad I got to Skype my family -- and then on Saturday it SNOWED!  One of the only things I wanted to see and hadn't yet was Italian snow.  It was beautiful.  We walked through centro and took the funicolare to Città Alta.  I was in heaven: huge, slow snowflakes falling among the ancient buildings and brave evergreens, while adults dared to finally smile and children shrieked and danced in the streets.  I'll admit I did a bit of skipping and giggling as well.  Okay, a lot, actually.  It was a dream come true, okay?

Thanks for your faith in and prayers for the work here.  When I saw Anziano Horrocks in Milano during transfers, he told me to find a man that he found a year ago while serving in this same branch.  We did find him in the Area Book and were able to meet him yesterday.  He's a worried young father with great morals and lots of respect.  I'm excited to help him find a testimony of the Book of Mormon.

Sorry for the short blog, but my hands are freezing and it's hard to type.  (Other missionaries are always flabbergasted by how fast I type.  I get in three times as many words as they do during our 90 minutes.  Thanks for letting me practice for hours back home!)  I feel like I'm looking at the first rays of light, long before a sunrise.  I know the beauty and warmth is coming, but it's still a good ways away.  Three and a half weeks, to be exact.  I'll admit it's exciting, but also scary.  I have no idea what this next "day" of my life will bring.  All I know is it's getting close, and I have a lot of people who love me to help me, not to mention 2 years of lifechanging experience and a loving God in Heaven.

Happy New Year, everyone.  2015 has long been a symbol for "the rest of my life".  Thanks to these two long, hard years full of understanding, light, and learning, 2015 is brighter than ever.

Buon Anno,
Anziano Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment