Wednesday, April 30, 2014

NOW

Preach My Gospel is among the most amazing, inspired, and simple manuals the Church has ever released.  Some of it doesn't apply to non-full-time missionaries, but certain chapters are universally helpful.  I think especially of Chapter 3 through 6, and 2 is super useful as well.  I'm so happy that Jed and Gent have copies to peruse.  Peruse well, young ones!  (And Audrey, you better study that thing until your eyes fall out!)

Good week.  We taught a lot more lessons than we did the last 2 weeks.  I had some good conversations with my good little greenie and I think he's starting to adjust to missionary life a bit more.  I forget how hard it is.  It feels so normal and easy now.

Well... maybe not easy, but certainly normal.

Hmm... I can't think of anything to write this week.  This is weird.  What happened this week in good old Ancona?  We ran into a missionary who served here 2 years ago, visiting with his wife.  He was super cool and told us how much he wished he was back in our shoes.  It was a nice moment for me, putting things into perspective.  Life will go on after the mission and be really fun, but also very difficult and very busy.  I need to use this short time I have to serve the Lord.

Wherever you are right now and whatever you're duty, do it well, and do it NOW.  Anziano Taylor, our district leader (who's amazing!!) gave a fantastic training this week about the urgency of missionary work.  He used great Italian words in the scriptures like ora, adesso, già to help us feel how much the Lord wants us to do it NOW.

That doesn't mean we have to hurry or run faster than we have strength.  It means that you need to be present, be in the moment, and do what you can do right now.  Because you won't be able to do it in the future, and you certainly don't want to miss the change.  Every moment is a change!  Ora!  Già!  Adesso!

I love you guys, and I hope we have another good week together.  Keep praying for yourselves and for others, and know that I'm doing the same.

Love,
Anziano Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment