Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Busy and new!

I absolutely LOVE weeks like this!  It feels like it's been a hundred years since I last got to email, which means the week has been filled with new things, and both of those are so welcome and exciting in missionary work: busy and new!

Reggio Emilia is a beautiful city.  I love the Centro.  It reminds me a bit of Verona, but on a smaller scale.  It's just more Italian, I guess, and makes me think of the beginning parts of my mission.  I love the vibe and the people stop to talk with us often and I can't complain at all.  In fact, I rejoice!

We live really close to the station.  Good thing, too, because when I got to the station after four-ish hours on the train, I was alone and without a phone, so I had to use some money to payphone the Assistants to tell the Reggio Anziani that I was there.  Lots of confusion, but in the end I met my new companion and the two other missionaries here.  I love them all!  I'm the only "new" missionary in this city, which is weird as the District Leader because everyone already knows each other.  But it's okay, our first District Meeting was great and we've all really clicked.

There are so many things I could write about, but I'm already out of time, and while the internet point here is really nice and run by an Italian, it's also super expensive.  My companion is Anziano Carter from Pleasant Grove, UT.  The other two are Anz. Espinosa from California and Anz. Edwards from St. George, UT.  All of them are different with big personalities, and we're all so excited to do great work this transfer!  Lots of fun new tools to use.  I'll tell you all about it next week!

This place is great and worth the wait.  Remember that God has good things in store just around the corner, even if now all seems quite bleak.  I love you, and so does God.  I'm pumped!

Anziano Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment