Wednesday, September 3, 2014

I love September

Wow, so Audrey's in Mexico, eh?  I think that hits me more than it hits any of you who might read this, even Mom.  I pray for her and wish her the best of inspiration.

Pictures!  Sorry, it's been a while.
*drinking from the waters of life (or something) *playing basketball for the last time in Ancona
*the silliest apartment ever (me and Edwards on Carter and Espinosa, respectively) Long live Transfer 12.
*me at a cool well (Anziano Smith loves cool pictures.  He's infecting me.) 
*weird 4th of July pictures in Reggio nell'Emilia *my birthday (WOOOOHOOOO!!!)

I like what my mom said in her weekly email to me today:  "A mission can't be easy.  I am so grateful it's not.  Life is not easy."  At first I lowered my brow at that, but the more I thought about it, the more I agreed.  I am so grateful that the mission is hard.

All of the sudden I feel all emotional.  All sorts of emotional stuff happened this week.  All good things, I guess.  I turned 21.  I read tons of mail from friends and family.  I wrote lots and lots of letters to send people.  I had good conversations with my wonderful companion -- one of the most peaceful, creative, and tender hearted people I've ever met -- and a miraculous scambio wih my beloved Zone Leader, Anziano Richardson.  He's half genius, half spiritual giant, 100% loving.  And I love him with all my heart.  He answered questions I've had since Ferrara without even trying.  We love the deep doctrine conversations we have together, ha!

I also saw a Mormon Message http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=3267475157001 during English Class (we always end with one) about bullying.  "Stop It", said President Uchtdorf as we watched a high school bully go through a mighty change of heart when he realized his little sister was being bullied as well. 1 I thought of Gentry and cried, heheh.

I dunno -- I can't say I'm the happiest I've ever been, but I can feel myself growing.  It's a similar feeling to that which I experienced in my first months of college.  The Lord is speaking to me as fast as I can understand His perfect language, and I feel like it's just starting to really click and become more natural.  What a thrill to learn the tongue of angels.

I love you guys, and I love September.  It's a chilly day, and I couldn't ask for better.  We're headed to Verona for a Zone Conference on Friday!  I can't wait, I love that city more than home.

Love,
Anziano Burton
the new gang: Smith, me, Espinosa (not new), Stoll

No comments:

Post a Comment