Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Prepared People

This week was nice.  It got hot for a few days, but rain swept in last night and cooled my world down.  I'm grateful for that.  I'm grateful for so many things.

An investigator I really love -- the same one who gave me the typewriter -- came to church for the first time this last week.  I was thrilled to see him, and he was touched by several testimonies borne.

There is a great treasure of knowledge to find in the Book of Mormon.  One can read that book a hundred times and get new insights into the mind and heart of our Heavenly Father with each experience.  And what an experience it is!  I love the book and all I'm learning from it.  I encourage those of you who want a stronger relationship with God to study it and pray.

Let's see, what else... oh, right we went to VERONA this week!  We had a Zone Conference on Thursday.  I dressed in my grey skinny suit and my new brown shoes and felt like €1.000.000.  Nearly the whole zone rode together on trains to my favorite city in the world, and the conference was terrific.  We learned so much, I got to see the Senior Couples I love, and I even ran into one of the members I used to meet with.  A man also stopped me in the train station as we arrived, pointed to my tag, and asked, "Joseph Smith?"  I ended up talking to him with Anziano Richardson, my awesome Zone Leader, about meeting the missionaries in Verona.  He'd already read 1 Nephi. Prepared people are out there.

I'm out of time, but one more funny story: On the way home after Verona, us missionaries got a whole section of the train to ourselves.  And what did we do with that privacy?  We sang folksy versions of hymns at the tops of our lungs, ha!  It was a fantastic experience I'll never forget.

Love,
Anziano Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment